I read this article today and realised that there was a very applicable lesson to be learned here - just two days ago i failed and scolded myself repeatedly in my head and out loud at how dumb "I" was. I was then stuck in an endless cycle where "I" am dumb and the anxiety levels and depressive levels both rose sky-high.
Maybe instead of doing that, I should have addressed myself in 3rd person and thought about it objectively. thought about how I acted, reacted and then handled the whole situation, and then give "Joy" the right advice. I guess it would have been much better if "Joy i being dumb. What should she do next?" were the thoughts...
Another lesson to be learned from another article. i think my boyfriend is this kind of guy, who actively seeks network across groups, he seeks to understand as many kinds of people as possible, and he is kindof a loner. he doesn't fit in well with any particular group, so he enjoys being a drifter. meeting people who are of different groups, different cultures, backgrounds etc.
i've got to take a leaf from his book and be like that too haha. then we will be successful :D
No comments:
Post a Comment