So much happened in 2024, yet it also feels like I’ve done nothing at all. In 2024, I got my green card, I hit my 10 year work anniversary (and so am finally eligible for social security woots!), and I had a baby.
It’s been a wild ride being a first time mom; it’s really unlike anything I’ve been through in my life. It’s the most physically and emotionally challenging experience I’ve had by far, and I can see that it will only continue to push me outside of my comfort zone constantly. Having a kid means I have to learn to roll with the punches, which is easier said than done for me.
On the bright side, we celebrated with some wine and cheese with yummy sourdough bread and crackers. Our baby slept well (yay) so we could watch a few episodes of a show, while enjoying the wine and cheese. I felt so lucky and grateful to have my hubby and baby, and felt unbridled joy for the first time in a while.
Here’s the first and last alcohol I had in 2024! The previous time was in December 2023 in Singapore (after my wedding dinner), since I spent 2024 trying to conceive, being pregnant and then recovering postpartum. The wine was really good, it’s a Pinot Noir our landlord gifted us for the holidays (so sweet of them right)!
I hope that 2025 will treat us well, and I’ll look forward to more good times with the baby :)
No comments:
Post a Comment