Thursday, July 20, 2017

stunned

Interesting episode of the day - last night I was at the hotel lobby (it was around 12.30am), heading back to my room, when I saw a waiter needing help with a few heavy boxes on a cart. I helped him out for a bit and another hotel guest helped out too. That hotel guest then made conversation with me and squeezed my arm / biceps saying wow you're strong eh? I was super shocked - no one has ever squeezed my biceps before, not to mention a complete stranger!!

As we headed up in the elevator, he was friendly and talking to folks in the elevator, but because I was on one of the top floors it ended up being just the two of us left behind. I said - oh we're on the same floor? He just smiled and said - are we?

That's when I had a sinking feeling - thinking omg is he a creepy stalker and going to follow me to my room? I suddenly felt unsafe, afraid and very uncomfortable...this guy was creeping me out!

He asked - what are you doing after this? I said...sleep? We reached my floor and I walked out - he followed and said - you sure you don't want to hang out? I said, trying to act nonchalant while freaking out inside, "nah - I've had a long day. Goodnight" and then I walked off briskly.

Honestly I was freaked out and didn't know what to do if he decided to follow me. A few seconds later I thought I should have walked in the opposite direction of my room so he couldn't find out where I was staying, but it was too late and I looked back - fortunately he didn't follow me. Once I got in the room, I put on the privacy lock and it took a while to compose myself. Guess it's not always safe traveling on your own as a female, esp later at night.

In hindsight, I feel flattered that this guy was interested in me, but I felt more stunned by this revelation - is this how guys pick up girls? By staying on in an elevator and hoping they get to hang out (in the room???) and get some? Maybe he's just trying his luck, but I guess I'm too innocent in the ways of this world...

I'm just glad nothing happened. Guess I do have to stay viligant every once in a while, and be more used to guy's attentions lol

No comments: