Friday, May 16, 2025

Last Day of Work!

Today is my last day at work! Definitely a feeling of freedom and relief, and excited I can spend more time with baby. I sent out a farewell note to the people I’ve worked with, and I got so many lovely, kind notes back. I didn’t know I left such an impact on so many coworkers, even the ones I wasn’t close with or only worked with on a short project. I’m glad to know I was a “breath of fresh air in everything I’ve done” and had “meaningful chats” with others, and I brought “expertise, positivity” and always gave time to “lend a helping hand”. It was really sweet seeing that. Now I know you can get all the compliments from your coworkers when you leave a job 😅.

I think spending 30 days at work after being on maternity leave for 6 months, made me truly appreciate how hard it is to be a working mom. I was constantly stressed about everything, multitasking and never getting anything done right, always feeling like I’m two steps behind, that I couldn’t give the attention I wanted to my work and personal life and family life. 

It’s hard for someone like me, used to As or Bs, to be ok with Pass / Fail / good enough. So I’m always stressed out and struggling to let things go. Being able to focus on being a mom makes everything so much easier. Phew. Now I’m so grateful that I could have down time to myself, I could focus on feeding and playing with baby, and not have to stay up late to do work 😊.

There are so many things I want to work on now, from introducing solids and allergens to baby, to going on trips together. We’ll be going to Point Reyes for the first time in a week and a half! Exciting stuff :)

On a side note, I also did really well on a recent OW2 scrim and felt very happy. I went on to have a win streak today. It’s making me feel that with less stress, I had better sleep and focus, and just generally played better. My mental wellbeing is better as well.

We got champagne and cheese to celebrate tonight. Here’s to the last day of work, and many new days of motherhood!

No comments: