Saturday, May 17, 2025

New Hair, New Me!

I got a haircut today, to celebrate the end of work. Yay!

I feel like getting a haircut symbolizes a new beginning. I’ve been feeling really hot these days with my long hair, and I’ve also been losing more hair due to postpartum hair loss. I wanted to cut it off so I didn’t have to clean up after my hair so much, but I just couldn’t find the time with a young baby, work and ow practice. Finally, I can get my haircut!

It’s also fun to be stress-free about getting a haircut. Even if it’s too short or ugly, no one’s really going to be seeing it anyway, since I don’t have clients or work anymore. I asked to cut it off a few extra inches because I didn’t want it to be long enough for baby to grab (he’s been grabbing my long hair a lot, and goodness it hurts!). It’s also cooler and easier to tie up or manage if it’s shorter. I guess I’ve really become a mom 👩.

Lastly, now that I cut it shorter, I can go many months without having another haircut again haha. I can probably make it last till next February to do it in Singapore hehe 🙃.

Randomly, the hairstylist has a really cute cat called Twinkle. He was a very good cat; he came to me for pets and cuddles, and leapt onto my lap while I was getting my haircut. I petted him lots. 


It feels like I’m cuddling and patting my baby, but furrier and calmer. Maybe we should get a cat or a cat-like dog, when my baby gets older and doesn’t want to be cuddled anymore. That way I can cuddle with a pet and get the same happy feelings like playing with a baby! 

I had so much hair cut off, it’s literally a load off my shoulders. It feels like I’ve lost a pound of hair, aaaand I feel great!

No comments: