He said ma ma for the first time yesterday! To be fair, it’s not conscious talking, so I won’t count it as first words yet. He has been babbling a lot and trying out new sounds in his mouth and how it feels. So far he’s been saying buh buh, ba ba and da da, sometimes guh guh. More commonly, he is blowing raspberries and making bubbles with his drool and mouth. So fun! I love making the sounds back to him, it’s almost like vocal warmup exercises babbling like a baby π. He’s also really cute when he babbles, it makes me laugh and my heart melts, my spirits soar. What a little cutie!
Anyway, when he says da da, I would say, “Well that’s calling for daddy and not mummy, so daddy should go get you” π . Then I proceed to say “ma ma” a few times to him…
And yesterday he said ma ma instead!! Wow what a surprise, he’s learning so fast!
I’m also making a spreadsheet to start planning and tracking solids for baby. People asked me what I’m going to do first when I quit, and I’m like focus on introducing solids for the next 6 months! I’m reading a book about it and learning that there’s a magical window from 6-12 months where babies will try all sorts of new foods; they will reject trying new things after 1 year old. So good to know! I’ve gotta get my baby on the foodie bandwagon hehe π
I also want to take him on more trips, to go see the beach, go hiking, and maybe even an overnight trip somewhere! The possibilities are endless now that he can sit up and use the baby high chair at restaurants :) We shall see.
No comments:
Post a Comment