Saturday, May 10, 2025

Off to See the Beach!

Today we went to the beach with the baby for the first time. It’s his first time taking the bus, first time seeing many people, first time seeing the ocean and sand, and first time using the stroller! So many firsts for him in this one outing πŸ˜….

It’s also a beautiful day today, which made it so nice to be out and about. Something about watching the waves roll in, seeing the birds soar and glide in formation, riding the wind, really made me feel so happy and whole. Seeing the kites fly through the blue sky, watching the sunset over the glistening water. Hearing the peaceful rhythmic sounds of the waves crashing and receding. These all calmed my senses and body, having not seen the ocean in at least a year. That’s the power of nature indeed!

Me and my husband had a wonderful time, and our baby was also on his best behavior, no fussiness or crying. We took turns carrying baby in the carrier, and then pushed him the stroller on flat surfaces, then back to carrier for the ride home. We even got to catch a mini concert by the beach! All of this made the day perfect 😍. 



—-

Gosh I’m soooo tired. I walked 20k steps today, a good portion of it carrying a 6 month old baby. It’s definitely not something I’d recommend doing unless you want to end up with sore muscles by the end of it. My legs, back, shoulders, arms, feet were suffering by the end of the day…but it was all worth it.

I’m excited to continue doing outings like this regularly, to keep things fresh and fun! Honestly, it felt like date night when I got to go out to fun places or try new restaurants with my husband, bringing the baby along. It’s the best kind of family outing that oddly also feels like I’m going on a date with my partner! I felt lots of happy love hormones like serotonin and oxytocin on today’s outing, which is great 😊.

Now that I know this, it’s easy to arrange dates - just bring the baby! We get two benefits at once - getting to bond with my partner through the challenges of bringing baby out and having fun through it all, while letting baby experience more of the world and see fun things too. Win-win situation, and no babysitter needed!



No comments: